Take the Lemon Challenge To support Men’s mental Health
This week its men’s mental health week and the Dads Can Cymru Team are setting the Lemon Challenge to raise awareness of the internal struggles people face on a daily bases with mental health. Everyone knows someone who is struggling with their mental health whether that be from your personal life or the media and that’s why we want you to do the Lemon challenge.
1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year and 75% of suicide are by men. There is still a massive stigma attached to mental health and everyone knows someone who is struggling, whether this is hidden or vocalized. That’s why are taking the stand to encourage people to talk about their feelings and challenges they face rather than bottling it up!
The lemon challenge (suck on a lemon and try not to pull a face represents the internal struggles people go through on a daily basis.
All you have to do is
- Cut up your lemon into Slices
- Video Yourself Sucking on the lemon without pulling a face
- “I’m Taking the lemon challenge to support the struggles people face every day with Mental health”
- Nominate at least 2 friends or family to take the challenge
- Share your videos with the hashtags #dadscancymru #mensmentalhealth #itsoknottobeok
It would also be great if you can link your video’s with our Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/dadscan.cymru.3
Donate to the Dads Can Cymru Just giving page to extend the current provision to support men struggling with their mental health.